Temporary and Permanent Residence

Canadian Immigration - CND FlagComing to Canada as an immigrant is an exciting opportunity. However, there are several things you should consider before you apply to be a permanent resident.

In most cases, you must apply at a Canadian Visa office outside of Canada. In some cases, you can apply to become a permanent resident after you arrive in Canada. For example, live-in caregivers or people granted refugee protection can apply from within Canada.

If you want to immigrate to Canada, there are a few different ways to apply. You will need to decide which immigration program will work best for you and your family.

Find out about the requirements and the steps to apply in each category:


  • Permanent Residence in Canada
  • Skilled Workers and Professionals: This is designed for individuals who will immigrate to Canada on the basis of their own personal credentials.
  • Investors, Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed: This is for business minded people entering Canada as an investor, entrepreneur or self-employed.
  • Sponsoring Your Family: How to sponsor a family member to join you here if you are a permanent resident.
  • Canadian Experience Class: This is for Foreign Students and Temporary workers with at least two years Canadian Experience.
  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications: This application is usually for people living in Canada without legal status but who have nevertheless established themselves in Canada.
  • Alberta Provincial Nominee Program: Find out how to apply to be selected to settle in Alberta by contacting us today.


Temporary Residence in Canada


  • Visitor Visa: Visitors wishing to come to Canada for a temporary purpose to do things like vacation, study, or work
  • Work Permit: Do you plan to work in Canada? Do you have a Job Offer in Canada?
  • Study Permit: If you intend to study in Canada and you are a foreign national, you will likely need a Study Permit

Have you been denied entry to Canada? Do you have a Criminal Record?
You may be eligible for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). Call us and ask us how.

Call (519) 660-2903 or click here to get an immigration assessment today!